Service Delivery Manager
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
- Bearing responsibility for delivery on time and with appropriate quality;
- Following all SDLC and project lifecycle phases, preparing all necessary artifacts;
- Ensuring the project-related metrics, such as CSAT, ESAT, and the turnover rate are at the target level;
- Assisting the upper management in ensuring the project revenue and profit targets are achieved;
- Maintaining and following effective salary management practices within the project teams;
- Creating and managing the project team structure to achieve ultimate project goals and objectives;
- Assisting with defining and implementing career development plans for direct subordinates;
- Conducting effective performance evaluations for the project team members;
- Working with stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives;
- Analyzing risks and opportunities and composing appropriate plans;
- Mitigating and handling any conflicts or communication problems that arise on the project and inside the team;
- Monitoring project progress using metrics and KPIs;
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports;
- Conducting all key meetings, prepare meeting notes and follow-ups;
- Communicating to stakeholders all relevant information in order to keep them informed about work in progress, risks, and other issues;
- Managing relationships within the team, between the team and the client, and between other stakeholders;
- Ensuring that the client’s needs are met at every stage of the project.
- Education, degree, and credentials required: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent education; degree in Project Management or Business Administration or equivalent education;
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Project Management methodologies and practices, ability to choose the most suitable one for the project;
- Ability to perform project management activities during Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and Closing project phases;
- Practical experience in different software development methodologies and engagement models;
- Solid knowledge of different estimation techniques;
- Ability to create estimations for the medium and large projects (500+ hours of development) and explain estimation process and structure to the client;
- Ability to perform people management, risk management, communication management, change management, time management, and tracking, project reporting;
- Ability to choose and set up project management tools and techniques for the project;
- Experience in Configuration management and managing KPIs;
- General knowledge of project budget and ways of its calculation;
- Ability to create and maintain project artifacts related to change management, quality assurance, project monitoring, and control;
- Ability to prevent problems and if a problem occurred, resolve it without direct supervision;
- Ability to recognize, identify critical risks, and work out a mitigation plan;
- Ability to identify and manage stakeholders’ expectations;
- Solid experience in developing Communication Management Plan;
- Ability to manage contractual terms under supervision;
- Soft skills & abilities: good analytical and troubleshooting skills, attention to details, critical thinking. Solid organizational skills, including multitasking. Strong client-facing and teamwork skills. Strong motivation and delegation skills; decision-making skills and a strong feeling of responsibility and accountability. Excellent written, presentation, and public speaking skills. Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Professional certification (if applicable): Any Agile and/or PM Certification (optional);
- Experience needed: 3+ years of experience in Project Manager role; experience in managing several small size or medium size projects (7-25 FTE);
- Communication internal (team, management), external (client);
- Work environment: office/remote.