Senior UI/UX Designer
What is the project and why should you care?
Symphony Solutions is a Dutch digital transformation company, headquartered in the Netherlands with delivery centers in Ukraine, Poland, Macedonia, and the Netherlands.
Founded in 2008, Symphony Solutions is now nearly 450 people with over 30 international client partnerships primarily in Western Europe and North America.
The Dutch heritage at Symphony Solutions has an open, welcoming culture where people feel a sense of freedom, togetherness, and cooperation. Because colleagues feel valued, they feel pride in the creativity of the company and the projects they support.
You would be a great fit for this position if have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of designing websites and mobile applications
- Strong understanding of the UCD design process
- Excellent working knowledge of the following methods: interview, questionnaire, secondary analysis, competitive overview, brainstorming, sketching, prioritization, prototyping, and user testing
- English B2
- 5+ years of developing clean, valid, and compatible websites and applications
- Experience with vector and motion graphics, including SVG, HTML5 Canvas
- Experience with hi-fidelity prototyping
- Fluency in Lean UX and Agile processes in general
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Experience designing outstanding consumer-oriented web-based products
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within the user-centered design process
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Good working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
Here are all the things you’ll get to do on the project:
- Develop high level and/or detailed wireframes, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies
- Facilitate collaboration and help drive change by communicating findings to key stakeholders
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change
- Create a look consistent products while pleasing end users
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to find
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively
- Assist front-end engineers with the final delivery of a products
- Effectively drive agile design process according to the methodology used in organization
- Serve as a mentor for junior designers and peers