Senior/Lead Database Developer
What is the project and why should you care?
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Database Developer in SQL/SQL Server and Data Warehouse specialist. Fast-paced and dynamic environment. Passionate about data and getting the most out of it to optimize business performance and very result-oriented. Capable of tackling complex SQL code development tasks. Must be motivated in building highly efficient code that properly aligns with the project and client’s needs. The role is to refactor a SQL data warehouse (in other words, the ETL.), so the focus will be to propose, discuss, develop, enhance, review, and deploy SQL Solutions for one of our leading clients.
You would be an excellent fit for this position if have:
- Expert in SQL and SQL Server. (+5 Years)
- Used to analyze SQL statements and detect issues and ways to optimize queries
- Improve and optimize the performance of current solutions.
- Experience with Data Solutions and ETL processes (Stored procedures, data analysis, import, export, and modification)
- Proved experience on Microsoft SQL product stack (MS SQL Server Integration, Reporting, Analysis Services, etc.)
- Experience in Data Warehouses Modelling (Architecture Layers, Table Types, etc) (+5 years)
- Experience implementation of a comparable BI solution, either a data warehouse or data mart.
- Proven experience implementing Data Warehouses solution.
- Used to work under different environments, Source control (GIT, Azure DevOps, etc), deployment, (CI/CD Knowledge on data warehouse projects)
- Troubleshoot production issues.
- Code review & approval for pre-production environments
- Work with the QA team to produce well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Experience documenting and doing Unitary testing.
- Capable of implementing functional specifications.
- Demonstrated success working with large data sets, developing tools for streamlined analysis, and creating output that succinctly summarizes complex concepts.
- Experience working under a project scope (Agile methodologies/waterfall). Understanding of agile principles and methodologies. Used to work under Epics, Stories, etc
- Happy to work in a very challenging environment, very transparent, and happy to communicate within the team (Cooperative attitude and Attention to detail).
- Be confident in taking critical technical decisions. Being creative is a must.
- Dynamism to learn and apply new technologies
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken English – all communication is in English