Senior Java Developer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
This engineer will be working on a project from travel and tourism domain. The team is focused on designing, developing and maintaining variety of Order services running on open systems. We are responsible for Order data distribution to internal and external customers, hosting multiple Order management services and building Order data store in modern, scalable, microservice based and Cloud oriented architecture. We employ latest technologies and practices to handle high volume of transactions supporting millions of traveling passengers daily. Our team is global with largest decision-driving group based in Krakow and implements mature Scrum processes
- Hands-on Deep experience with Java SE & Java EE (incl. core OOP concepts, SOLID principles), Database Applications with JDBC.
- Hands-on Experience with Spring technologies (incl. Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring REST,)
- Knowledge of Hibernate or other ORM technologies; SQL; Relational DBs
- Knowledge of SOAP/REST webservices implementation
- Unit Testing with Junit, Mockito framework.
- Professional experience programming Java 11
- Solid knowledge of standard frameworks such as Spring 4
- Good knowledge of Freemarker template
- Good knowledge of testing framework like: Junit, TestNG
- Experience with CI/CD tools like: Jenkins, JMeter
- Solid knowledge of Linux
- Experience with Agile development; comfortable working in 2- or 3-week sprints resulting in a working, potentially shippable product at the end of every sprint
- Experience with modernizing legacy Java web applications to current standards as well as deploying Java EE & Spring applications to enterprise application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Preferred experience with Cloud Technologies – GCP, AWS.
- Work with the Architecture group for Solution designing and coordinate with the team for implementation.
- Oracle Certified Java SE 8 Programmer I (OCA) and/or Programmer II (OCP)
- Developing and testing client’s platform and developer toolkit
- Assisting in problem-solving in both development and production environments
- Working with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them
- Assisting in the development of software technical documentation
- Demonstrating software to Product Owner during weekly demo meetings
- Analyzing current architecture and propose better solutions
- Mentoring less senior Developers
- Reviewing code of other team members
- Leading by example
- Medical Insurance
- Personal Workstation
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Friendly and professional team
- Symphony Training Academy
- Low hierarchy and open communication
- 20 vacation days
- Private Medical Care
- See BENEFITS Section for the full line-up