Senior Full Stack Engineer
What is the project and why should you care?
This position has been created due to the scaling of Vivino with a recent investment of USD 155 million. With several exciting projects in the pipeline, this is an attractive workplace for engineers who would relish the opportunity to develop a growing online marketplace and build features that impact millions of users every day!
Become a part of a growing, engaging and multicultural environment!
Vivino is changing the way people enjoy wine and consequently disrupting one of the world’s oldest industries. Over the next ten years, the global market for online wine sales is expected to grow significantly, and Vivino, they are planning to be at the forefront of this growth. They have many great opportunities, plans, and ideas lined up, and they are looking for talented people to help bring these ideas to life!
Vivino has an incredible, multicultural and international work culture.
Vivino appreciates new ideas, and they encourage everyone to bring them to the table. They are not afraid to make mistakes – as long as you take ownership, learn from them and support each other in getting even better. Many positions have a defined promotion path, and if not, Vivino will keep challenging your growth potential by increasing your responsibilities and autonomy to ensure people’s development.
Join the Web Team, one of Vivino’s innovative and ambitious teams of engineers!
Web Team is responsible for developing and maintaining Vivino – Buy the Right Wine. The team currently consists of five engineers, and the main focus is to develop and maintain its several web portals servicing both clients, merchants, and customers. The team is looking to hire talented Fullstack Engineers who are highly skilled in front-end development, preferably within React, combined with solid back-end knowledge. The ideal candidate identifies themselves more with the virtues of a great developer rather than specific languages and frameworks and is comfortable advocating for product improvements through data-based ideas.
You would be a great fit for this position if have:
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, functional programming, and concurrent execution models
- Solid understanding of engineering best practices, continuous integration, and incremental delivery
- Always develop with a test-first approach, relying on TDD and covering most with unit and integration tests
- Experience with developing React components and writing tests with the React testing library
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer in a backend-for-frontend (BFF) setup with a modern frontend framework
- Expertise in designing APIs and building scalable RESTful services
- Skilled with CSS/SCSS
- Experience with one of Ruby on Rails, Next.js, and Node.js
- Previous experience with SEO
- Knowledge of Typescript, Docker, A/B tests, and Webpack / Webpacker
Here are all the things you’ll get to do on the project:
| – Collaborate with cross-functional partners on all aspects of product development|
– Work with design partners to implement design specifications as pixel-perfect, responsive components and web pages
– Support your team and help them with code review, testing, and development
– Proactively improve upon our development processes and conventions
– We expect that, as part of our work ethic, you design solutions with non-functional requirements in mind such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability
– Ensure our public pages are SEO-friendly, following the latest industry guidelines and practices
– Develop and design RESTful services on top of our core API to be consumed by your frontend components