Senior Full Stack PHP Developer
What is the project and why should you care?
We sit at the table with the world leaders in lead generation. We earned that seat by developing practices and processes that make us a little different from the average company.
Our team of website wizards focuses on the iGaming and financial services industries, and we own some of the biggest brands in those niches. We’ve been around since 2008.
The Position Summary
We work with cross-functional empowered product teams and we are looking for a Full Stack PHP Developer to be responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. This is an incredibly exciting time to join us and be a part of a rewarding and impactful journey while working on some of the biggest online slot & casino websites in the industry.
As a Full Stack PHP Developer, you should be comfortable in both the front-end and backend aspects of development, as you will be instrumental in building and shipping impactful product solutions to our users. You should also be a team player with a knack for user experience and visual design. As a senior, you will also mentor the other content people in the team, imparting your knowledge to help them develop in their roles. You’ll also manage the resources used by the team and be able to deploy those resources for the best effect on the product.
The candidate we’re looking for will be able to understand and apply our core company values of trust, transparency, accountability and a growth mindset. These values are at the heart of everything we do, are vital for all roles and applicants must show how they have applied at least some of these attributes in their previous employment.
Location – Nigeria
You would be a great fit for this position if you have:
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading developers
- A true peoples person who exhibits passion, strong communication and collaboration skills, and with genuine interest in team growth and development
- Interested in finding product opportunities to solve real user problems, and is able to perform and present technical validations, estimations and recommendations to these opportunities.
- Full understanding of the Agile methodology, and comfortable working in a high-paced environment and able to implement changes in a timely fashion.
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Strong hands-on experience on the full software stack including Frontend, Backend and Databases.
- Knowledge of PHP language: able to write clean code following the best practice (Knowledge of SOLID principle and Design Patterns).
- Knowledge of PHP template engines such as Twig (preferred) or Blade.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL.
- Good understanding and appreciation of UI/UX design.
- Demonstrates strong enthusiasm for quality, and knowledge of what it makes to ship high-quality code.
- Dedicated to the speed of delivery without compromising the quality.
- Knowledge of Git code repository.
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience on working on web frameworks such as Laravel.
- Able to optimize websites for high scores on Google Page Speed Insights and Google Lighthouse.
- Experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Ability to work office hours for a CET time zoned company.
Here are all the things you’ll get to do on the project:
- Support, lead, and mentor developers and QA engineers.
- Support product discovery by participating in research workshops, provide data-driven ideas and offer your expertise to guide the team in technical validations and estimations.
- Support product delivery by building, testing, and releasing production quality features utilizing best engineering practices.
- Bring your expertise to the product and actively collaborate with the Product Manager, developers, QA engineers, designers, and stakeholders to ensure the best quality on production.
- Continuously coordinate with the Product Manager, Tech Lead and Delivery
- Manager to ensure that you are pragmatically assigning your focus to what really matters.
- Write simple, clean, and secure PHP code with a focus on minimizing technical debt and complexity.
- Refactor, optimize, and improve existing code for better maintainability and scalability, and reduce technical debt in general.
- Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation.
- Test own work with a view to minimal work items being returned for defects to be fixed, while working closely with QA to ensure that any defects are promptly resolved.
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and remediate complex technical issues.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.