All Symphonians are welcomed to have a three-meals lunch right in the office for free. Early birds can treat themselves to a free breakfast.
*This vacancy takes part in “Bali Hunting” Referral Program. For more information about the Referral Program click here.
Symphony – Why So Special?
Symphony Solutions is an international Dutch IT company with offices in Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. We have been on the market for more than 10 years already and preserve unique culture within all our locations.
At Symphony Solutions we have removed all possible barriers created by the traditional organization and embraced the organic principles and a high-degree of self-management. We believe that this kind of organization is the optimal environment to attract and retain the best talents, fully develop them and leverage their potential. As a result, we have achieved the highest retention of employees possible in our industry (currently there’s less than 3% unwanted turnover).
We have a unique employee selection process where colleagues choose colleagues. Such approach eliminates possible conflicts and ensures honest and transparent relationship with clients and within the team. Symphony Solutions is a company that strives to be the Best Price/Performance and the easiest to do business with.
- At minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience developing commercial, large-scale web applications, of which: 1. At least 2 years using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Drupal, GWT, Spring MVC etc.); 2. A least 3 years’ developing UIs (consumer-facing or back-office)
- Extensive understanding of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles;
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image;
- A strong understanding of SEO principles;
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket)
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly;
- Ability to document technical solutions in a variety of formats and to constructively share knowledge with less experienced team members;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups;
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small sub team or deputising in a management role;
- Demonstrably being able to deal with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internal;
- Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy strategy
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate etc.);
- Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop;
- Some experience with Node.js;
- Some experience with TDD and / or BDD;
- Some Knowledge in Python (maybe PHP) and PostgreSQL or MySQL would be beneficial;
- Production and execution of unit tests as and where required;
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team the Software Developer is working with;
- Ensuring that UI features and functionality adhere to agreed corporate and product UX standards and design guidelines;
- Contributing to detailed release documentation for handover to “BAU” teams;
- Maintenance of relevant technical sections of the internal Knowledge Base;
- Mentorship of less experienced Software Developers;
- Provision of structured feedback to “back-end” platform developers, to ensure APIs and SDKs are fit for purpose;
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around UI performance and code complexity;
- Act as an authority on UI best practices, both in terms of technology and design, but also UX and SEO requirements;
- Active understanding of solutions architecture and design, including KPI definition;
- Ability to input into high level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes;
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the overall front-end architecture and design components, in the context of meeting product requirements;
- On occasion, lead an Agile workstream
- Friendly and highly professional teams;
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Career and professional growth;
- Regular (twice a year) performance reviews;
- Paid English classes;
- Low hierarchy and open communication