Senior DevOps Engineer
What is the project and why should you care?
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS TO DISCOVER AND BUY THE RIGHT WINE EVERY TIME
Vivino is the world’s largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of millions of wine lovers. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience leverages community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations for each individual user. In addition to making wine discovery fun and effortless, Vivino is the best place for wine drinkers to buy wine. The Vivino app is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
You will join a client fast-paced, growing team with offices in San Francisco, California, and Copenhagen, Denmark. Vivino also has teams around the world in the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland, and Hong Kong.
Vivino team is passionate about our core purpose – to empower people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. They do that every day by building technology and leveraging data that puts the power back in the hands of the consumer. They do not see wine as a commodity, but as an offering of a cultural experience that was once out of reach for many, but is now open to everyone.
You would be a great fit for this position if:
- You have extensive professional experience working with AWS cloud services
- You are an experienced Linux administrator
- You have strong experience with configuration management (Chef, Ansible) and infrastructure as a code (Terraform) tools
- You have experience with Docker and are willing to use Kubernetes
- You have experience with a multitude of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Key/Value stores, etc.)
- You have experience with programming and scripting (Python, Ruby, Go)
- You have experience with building CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins
- You are independent and self-motivated when it comes to solving your work task and potential issues
Here are all the things you’ll get to do on the project:
- Be a part of the core DevOps Team and take long term Infrastructure design decisions
- Design, implement, and maintain all aspects of our cloud-based infrastructure
- Write orchestration and automation code
- Implement CI/CD pipelines
- Introduce and enforce high-security standards
- Ensure uptime and availability of our services and participate in on-call duty
- Provide guidance to development teams and ensure implementation, performance, and security criteria were met
- Provide support to the development and QA teams with application configuration, debugging, and releases
- You are a curious, communicative person who is eager to learn and are ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits
- You are able to read, write and speak English fluently