Senior Data QA Engineer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Customer & project description:
We are looking for talented, passionate people to work with a new American client Avantage that is developing a unique product – part entertainment TV, part social engagement, part online gaming – all blended into one unique experience.
The high-quality production and unique format- which has received 17 utility patents including Europe, China, the United States, Macau, Australia, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea – is destined to become a disrupter and a great developer opportunity.
Our team is responsible for architecture and developing from scratch the Data Warehouse platform which should be integrated with all products developed by the client.
- Experience in Quality Assurance area (4+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (creation of complex views, stored procedures, functions, indexes, and relational database management in general)
- Understanding of QA processes, strong knowledge of testing types and methodologies
- Ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive test cases
- Experience with Data Warehouse projects (data integration, data warehousing and visualization)
- Understanding the concepts of data profiling and main data quality checks)
- Good English and good communication skills
- Experience with test automation on Python
- Exploratory data analysis skills with SQL
- Experience with a whole BI process verification (ETL, DWH, Data Marts, Reporting)
- Understanding system architecture patterns
- Knowledge of Jira and TestRail
- Experience of working in Kanban team
- Perform data consistency, completeness and accuracy checks
- Control of following Kanban process
- Bug reporting and help with data quality issues communication and troubleshooting
- Create and maintain test documentation
- Perform validation of full-cycle Data Warehouse solution
- Actively participate and facilitate Backlog Refinements.
- Creating and reviewing Test Design
- Conducting Demo of the product
- Review automation code of other QAs
- Defects tracking
- Communication with customer
- Mentoring less senior team mates