Senior Data Engineer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Being a Data Engineer for our client means being part of a highly self-organized team, distributed across several European countries.
Although dispersed, our data team is keeping things tight – your tasks would be to work on third party integrations, consume information coming from a number of in-house data sources, provide engineering services to our data scientists and marketers, deal with the challenges of our distributed systems, but above all, take care of the stability and performance of our Big Data Platform.
- Strong coder in Scala, Python, Bash, and SQL
- Proficient in Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Hive, and data warehousing in general
- Familiar with most popular cloud computing big data services (e.g. EMR, Sagemaker, Glue, ElasticSearch)
- Well-versed with modern workflow/orchestration/automation tools (Airflow, Docker, Jenkins) to enable proficient data engineering development
- Experienced in real-time processing or has a big interest in it
- A person who enjoys taking care of the small details in order to make the big picture more beautiful
- A big fan of the concepts and principles underlying open-source culture and quality software development
- Take full ownership of features and code, from the inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance, and keeping it running
- Implement message producers and consumers in various programming languages following the common patterns and best practices
- Design and implement data streaming applications to allow users to explore a large set of data near real-time
- Work autonomously, knowing your team comes before the singularities
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Friendly and professional team
- Symphony Training Academy
- Low hierarchy and open communication
- 20 vacation days
- Corporate Doctor
- See BENEFITS Section for the full line-up