Senior Back End Developer (Java)
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Casumo was established in 2012 and has been leading the innovation of the iGaming industry ever since. Known for its unique and lovable brands including Casumo, Dunder, Kazoom Casino and Casino Secret, the group continues to develop and deliver best-in-class gaming products and experiences. We believe in the power of collective genius and look for idea generators, solution seekers and ingenious innovators that want to play a part in pioneering our brands into the future.
Casumo takes pride in its Engineering culture and its product quality and quirkiness. They have a modern engineering mindset, move fast, experiment, and apply an automated test approach. They believe every individual’s needs and desires to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make an impact. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims.
- Someone who possesses demonstrated practical knowledge of Java, Spring Framework, and Spring Boot
- You have some experience with transaction-heavy, distributed systems, messaging, microservices, or tools such as MySQL, RabbitMQ, and Kafka
- Experience with CQRS, DDD, TDD, NoSql databases, and Axon Framework is an asset
- Experience in DevOps is nice to have: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, and other cloud technologies
- Feels very comfortable in a Linux environment and working with tools like Git
- Appreciates the concepts and principles underlying open-source culture and good software development practices
- Build scalable, highly available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery
- Work on current Product platform built using DDD, CQRS techniques, and a microservice architecture
- Work as part of a cluster and within an Agile cross-functional team made of no more than 10 people
- Taking full ownership of features and code, from the inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance, and keeping it running
- Become a member and owner of our backend engineering culture, learning from other talented people, and sharing your own knowledge
Examples of projects our teams have worked on:
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive microservices, and evolving the architecture with modern distributed system patterns
- New integrations with various game providers, sports bets ticket systems, payment providers, regulatory agencies reporting systems, third-party strong authentication mechanisms
- Awesome new promotional campaign mechanics for players: feeding off our event streams to produce a new type of player items, tournaments, raffles, adventure progression, and badges
- New tools for our evolving continuous delivery infrastructure for our microservices, including consumer-driven contracts and black box dockerized testing
- A plethora of new apps to supporting our expansion into new regulated markets, and evolving regulatory requirements. “Responsible-gaming automated analysis and risk scoring services
- Modern fuzzy text search engines for our customer and back-office products
- New infrastructure projects to scale our event-based systems and make them more robust
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Friendly and professional team
- Symphony Training Academy
- Low hierarchy and open communication
- 20 vacation days
- Corporate Doctor
- See BENEFITS Section for the full line-up