What is the project and why should you care?
A group of us sportsbook industry professionals got together in 1997 to create a product that could help local bookies. We created PayPerHead to take bookies to the next level of managing their books. We designed the first version of our bookie management software to highly organize and streamline an agent’s day-to-day functions. Since that time, we’ve continued to introduce new features that help bookies grow their businesses and make more money. At the same time, we’ve greatly improved their players’ experiences in betting on sports and casinos. We cover over 80 sports leagues to suit any player’s tastes, with in-game and props betting. We now have premium and 3D digital casino games, along with 2 live dealers to keep your players entertained at any time, day or night. You can keep making money even while you sleep. PayPerHead has consistently led the way in creating amazing software to help bookies improve and grow their businesses – for over 20 years.
You will be an excellent fit for this position if you have:
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or related career.
5+ years in software quality activities in work teams under Scrum or Kanban methodology developing projects of at least six months duration.
Additional experience as a full-stack web application developer.
Skill and Abilities:
- English: Minimum Green (470 – 725) TOEIC Listening & Reading Test
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance.
- 4+ years of proven experience in test automation (or background in development and at least 2 years of experience in test automation); 3+ projects in the background;
- Proven mastery of Scrum–Kanban methodology.
- Outstanding level of self-management and self-indiscipline
- Knowledge in the creation and execution of test cases.
- Knowledge of Manual testing.
- Knowledge in Regression, verification, integration, and cross-browser testing.
- Knowledge in software development and testing life cycle.
- Methodological and Detail-oriented.
- Strong orientation to the achievement of objectives.
- Analysis and interpretation of requirements.
- Experience in test design techniques.
- Knowledge in security and load testing.
- Knowledge of RDBMS (ability to script SQL queries).
- Knowledge of employee management and mentoring.
- Experience in process planning.
- Mastery of Bitbucket or Git (Branches – Forks – PR Management).
- Solid knowledge of defect management tools (Jira or similar).
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development, Unit Testing.
- Proven experience in E2E/UI testing (with Selenium, Cypress, Playwright, etc.)
- Strong orientation in QA Automation.
Would be a plus:
A public profile on any VCS with examples of AQA projects (pet project or any other).
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on:
- It is responsible for implementing systems and procedures to ensure that technical standards are met. Identify the technical problems and get to the cause of the problem. They also proactively recommend solutions that improve the durability and overall performance of the product.
- Ensure your own technical excellence and that of the team by sharing the techniques, best practices, and standards defined by the organization.
- Provide the Quality Assurance Leader with accurate and detailed data and information for the preparation of daily or weekly reports.
- Collaborates and communicates efficiently and effectively with other business areas throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Collaboration with other development partners for problem-solving.
- Work closely with both your Technical Leader and other members of the development team to ensure that objectives are met.
- Implement and propose technological solutions to the assigned projects seeking to maintain cutting-edge technology and maintaining good quality assurance practices.
- Understand the assigned requirements and plan your times appropriately.
- Clearly document each part of the quality assurance, the processes, and the procedures worked.
- Promote high morale and the spirit of collaboration in the team, especially in times of high pressure and demand for work.
- Keep up with industry trends and technological developments.
- Ability to manage their time and support their colleagues in daily work planning tasks.
- Perform other functions related to your work area, which have not been described above, because of unforeseen situations or modifications based on the needs of the company, so an attitude of openness to change is expected.
- It is responsible for analyzing, creating, implementing, and interpreting the test cases for the tasks assigned.
- Identify the technical risks of the project proposed to the Quality Assurance Leader the alternatives to mitigate them.
- Support in the realization of controls on the development of the project, general performance tests, integration tests, and its implementation in the production environment.
- You should report and verify defects with the right tools.