Senior Test Automation Engineer
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Philippine Airlines, SITA, SAS, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).
Last year Datalex enable over one billion shoppers to carry out over 2.5 Billion Travel Searches, over 65 Million Bookings and $20 Billion of Revenue for our customers all over the world.
We are a market leader in digital commerce for travel retail, and we are looking for an ambitious Test Expert to join the team. Datalex will change the way you, your family, and your friends shop for travel products for the next 10 years. Our customers are household brands such as JetBlue, Air China, Scandinavian Airline, Aer Lingus, Trailfinders, STA Travel and many more, and they have revolutionised the industry on how to drive shopping and loyalty for the world’s travellers. Join the Revolution!
Essential Technical Skills
- 3+ years’ experience in QA automation with at least 1-year manual testing experience (Test Lead skills optional)
- Adaptability (work in an agile environment with fast paced & high-pressure)
- Strong API testing background with experience in technologies such as REST, JSON, XML, SOAP
- Linux operating system is an added advantage
Have been exposed to the following tools –
- JIRA Atlassian
- Eclipse / IntelliJ
- Selenium, Junit & TestNG
- Gherkin and Cucumber
- Jenkins / CircleCI / Ansible / Docker
- Browser Stack / GitHub / Bit-Bucket
- Database systems – Oracle/Postgres, MongoDB
Desired but non-essential Skills
- Experience using Report Portal tool
- Travel Systems Expertise (Aviation)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery experience
- Experience in Agile development methodology
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong technical Java background in Test Automation preferably in an Agile Environment with a proven track record to join the exciting team.
The ideal candidate will be an integral contributor to the Test Department’s mission of advancing the manual testing and test automation in a continuous integration environment. The Automation engineer will work with an agile scrum team to define and implement Manual/Automation scripts that results in a reduction of overall test efforts and an increase in the test coverage and overall Quality.
- This role requires 70% hands-on automation and 30% manual testing
- Work across (our agile scrum team) with Dev, QA and the Product Owner to agree test automation priorities, estimates and deliver fully tested scripts within agreed timelines.
- Define a clear test plan for the team to gain better quality through our manual/automation coverage and execution.
- Be a key contributor of our continuous Integration strategy through effective automation coverage and green build policy to drive better quality and shorter release cycles.
- Design, develop and maintain high quality test automation scripts using Java and Selenium and ensure that the tests are reusable and reliable.
- Reporting results on regular basis to demonstrate quality improvements to the stakeholders.
- Defect raising and tracking towards its resolution. Automation failure analysis and fixing tests.
- Participate in knowledge sharing through training sessions, documentation and practical workshops.
- Involve in formal, informal reviews and retrospectives resulting in applying key observations to improve overall test practices within the scrum team.
- Prepare documentation or guide to help new team members for their onboarding
- Responsible for the Sign off process from both manual and automation perspective.