Senior Application Architect (Java)
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Customer & project description:
This project is a successful lottery and sports betting operator, with a strong presence in more than 16 countries in Africa under 5 different brands with 4 languages. The plan is to extend countries to 21. The company is globally recognized as a start-up specialist for gaming operations in emerging markets. The company is fast growing, has doubled in size over the last 3 years, and has plans for further expansion in Malta. The business has an active online customer base of more than 170k customers with as many as 40k+ new first-time customers per month. The number of Sports bets exceeds 7 million per month.
Main technologies React.js and Java; Angular for CMS.
Team composition: SDM, Architect, PO, DevOps, and two scrum teams, Support Engineers – after MVP goes live.
- A minimum of one year of experience as an application architect, preferably in a related industry, or 2-3 years as a Technical Java Lead with application architect’s skills
- Strong knowledge of JAVA 8-11, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Core
- Experience with NoSQL DBs (MongoDB, Cloud-based NoSQL services), optimization technics and scaling
- Experience with SQL DBs (Postgress, Cloud-based SQL DBs)
- Design patterns and technics
- Microservices architecture
- Cloud architecture (GCP or AWS)
- Docker and Kubernetes (GKE)
- Rest, Websockets, SOAP
- Understanding main principles of SPA development and integration with APIs
- Knowledge in Gambling Domain would be a great plus
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Design major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middlewares, and infrastructure
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure the architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Maintain backlog of the non-functional tasks, BE enablers, and tech debt issues
- Provide technical guidance to the application development team, supervise a team of BE developers, review technical implementations
- Cooperate with performance team, analyse performance results and define approaches to meet KPIs and satisfy system quality attributes
- Document application development processes and standards, produce architecture artefacts (diagrams, specifications)
- Medical Insurance
- Personal Workstation
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Friendly and professional team
- Symphony Training Academy
- Low hierarchy and open communication
- 20 vacation days
- Private Medical Care
- See BENEFITS Section for the full line-up