We encourage our colleagues to upgrade professional and personal skills by using 40 billable hours for education and advancement.
Symphony – Why So Special?
Symphony Solutions is an international Dutch IT company with offices in Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. We have been on the market for more than 10 years already and preserve unique culture within all our locations.
At Symphony Solutions we have removed all possible barriers created by the traditional organization and embraced the organic principles and a high-degree of self-management. We believe that this kind of organization is the optimal environment to attract and retain the best talents, fully develop them and leverage their potential. As a result, we have achieved the highest retention of employees possible in our industry (currently there’s less than 3% unwanted turnover).
We have a unique employee selection process where colleagues choose colleagues. Such approach eliminates possible conflicts and ensures honest and transparent relationship with clients and within the team. Symphony Solutions is a company that strives to be the Best Price/Performance and the easiest to do business with.
About the Customer
Our client is a British gaming and betting company with international market presence. The company has a long-standing tradition in providing betting services across Great Britain. Over the years, they have become the number one British bookmaking business, and have grown internationally as the leader in some of the world’s best markets. They provide customers with a wide variety of betting, gaming and gambling products across many channels and have a strong online presence.
About the Position
You will be a self-starter, confident working in a fast paced environment, developing and
implementing solutions for industry-leading operators.
You will have good knowledge of product development and/or the betting and gaming
industry. This knowledge will enable you to provide guidance to the development teams.
The role will support major complex projects, gathering requirements and providing input in
order to produce the best possible solutions. You will lead the product development on a
day-to- day basis. The role will be customer focused; working as the day-to- day business contact for customers, not just to elicit requirements, but also to identify opportunities.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- High class degree (with a strong technical or analytical component preferred);
- Ability to undertake limited travel to customer sites with occasional long distance travel to support existing or newly signed customers;
- Flexibility to work outside of your roles responsibilities if needed;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills;
- Ability to follow direction and work independently but also to work closely with a team;
- Good knowledge of sports-betting industry OR product ownership and development
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies such as SAFe, SCRUM and Kanban;
- Demonstrable experience of BDD;
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence & Balsamiq;
- Proven analysis experience in the betting industry;
- 4+ years BA experience or similar
- Work closely with the product team and development teams, managing change in an agile fashion;
- Lead the analysis and requirements definition;
- Participate in the solution definition and validate that the solution covers the requirements;
- Compile functional requirements and document clearly the needs for our systems designs and continued development;
- Provide options and recommendations on how to best meet the business needs;
- Support our desire to build incrementally with fast, collaborative, integrated learning cycles;
- Lead iteration system demos;
- Create and maintain documentation, policies and procedures;
- Build relationships with customer stakeholders
- Friendly and highly professional teams;
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Career and professional growth;
- Regular (twice a year) performance reviews;
- Low hierarchy and open communication