Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Working with us, you’ll be at the heart of the technological revolution of one of the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from mobile Casinos to online Sportsbooks and everything in between. The software you write will process 500 online bets per second, accommodate 20 million users, and process 160 terabytes a day. You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you!
- BS/MS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Object-Oriented and functional analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience in working with REST APIs and Node.js
- Experience with test-driven development
- Agile methodologies and concepts such as Scrum, Kanban
- Can break down features into stories and lead other developers through agile estimation events
- Exemplary communication and people skills in a technical or non-technical context
- Experience in consuming Kafka and event-driven architectures
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites
- Experience in DevOps activities, familiarity with Kubernetes, AWS, Gitlab, and Gitlab CI
- Experience in working with ticketing systems (preferably JIRA ticketing system
- Wants to unleash their inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters and rewards an ownership mindset
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
- Believes in a culture of transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge
- Drives others to adopt and meet the standards they adhere
- Takes accountability for the product operation, embracing the “you build it, you run it” principle and DevOps culture
- Able to train Engineers at all levels in software craft, adopting new technologies, applying development standards, good practices, and design patterns
- Actively involved in internal and external events to present best practice in William Hill to attract talents
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of the work within teams whilst promoting knowledge sharing, new technical approaches and allowing team members room to grow and learn
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code with unit and integration test coverage
- Championing continuous improvement through active collaboration, refactoring, and testing within your team.
- Leading and mentoring team members through code reviews and feature design
- Driving software development practices with passion and enthusiasm
- Creating a consistent approach to engineering across delivery teams through training, code reviews, and pair programming
- Providing production support as part of on-call rota together with other team members, as part of third line of support after Customer Services / Monitoring and SRE
- Assist with application architecture design in collaboration with Architects, Software Engineering Team Leads and other Engineers (e.g., RFC and ADR) and contributing to technical discussions crossing team boundaries
- Build proof-of-concepts, driving R&D activities and ensuring they can be incorporated into the products to drive efficiencies and quality improvements