Middle/Senior UX/UI Designer
What is the project and why should you care?
Our Client is a world-changing sports broadcaster bringing thousands of sporting events into millions of households across the world, delivering live sport direct to consumers through 100s of devices in over 200 countries. Now we’re looking to expand the Team in Gibraltar with Mid/Senior UX/UI Designers.
The UX UI Designer will research, design and produce first-class interface solutions for all our products. The role will work collaboratively with the Product team and key stakeholders to gather insights with which to inform design solutions and create user journeys, sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
A highly creative individual that is able to intuitively understand user journeys and be able to translate high-level requirements into intuitive and functional user interfaces while improving their design skills in the process.
You would be an excellent fit for this position if you have:
- Previous experience working in UI and UX design.
- Experience working closely with Product and Development teams.
- Knowledge of wireframing, prototyping and general design software tools.
- Experience of designing complex products across a variety of screens and platforms.
- Ability to think at all layers of a project, from product (system) design, to interaction, to final design.
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and deliver on time.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Good communication and collaborative skills, both visual and verbal.
- A good working knowledge of user-centred design methodologies, lean design and agile development.
- Ability to interpret a customer’s requirements and work collaboratively with a team.
- Experience of creating extensive use case scenarios within a high-change, highly matrixed business or channel.
- Good analytical, planning, organizational and reporting skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively as part of both small teams and larger formal groups.
- Ability to work independently with key internal and external partners.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt rapidly to changing business conditions.
- Quick response when incorporating relevant feedback from product owners and any other design team members.
- Regular communication with real Client customers on a weekly basis, in order to carry out relevant analysis and collate data to help facilitate championing of the customer.
- Be the voice of our customer, advocating the delivery of the customer experience in all our product offerings.
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis in order to feed into the Product team, and relevant stakeholders using illustrations on customer experience & designs with user stories, personas, maps and storyboards.
- Conceptualise and design UX mock flows for mobile, tablet and web. Including building wireframe prototypes, annotated layouts and requirements documents to present to stakeholders across the business.
- Create UX design proposals and wireframes for mobile apps and websites to promote ideas and concepts to stakeholders.
- Maintain live projects and keep the UI toolkit updated following any changes that may be made throughout the project lifecycle.
- Carry out design reviews of our products pre and post going live, collaborating with the development teams raising defects and flagging issues that need to be addressed to improve the product quality.
- Support in the design of new user interface elements for Client mobile apps, mobile web and desktop sites.
- Collaborate closely with technical teams to support feasibility, estimations and delivery of the cool customer experiences & features that you’ve designed.
- Determine information architecture, create sitemaps, detailed usability testing and design iterations to improve the customer experience, ease of use and time to bet/game.
- Conduct design workshops and design sprints with stakeholders, product and tech teams to create alignment & empathy of the customer experience across the business.
- Approve design elements of development work before a customer sees it, ensuring it meets the requirements of Client customers.