On March 31st - April 1st, 2018 volunteers from IT companies will join to help local NGOs by de...28 February 2018
Symphony – Why So Special?
At Symphony Solutions we have removed all possible barriers created by the traditional organization and embraced the organic principles and a high-degree of self-management. We believe that this kind of organization is the optimal environment to attract and retain the best talents, fully develop them and leverage their potential. As a result, we have achieved the highest retention of employees possible in our industry (currently there’s less than 3% unwanted turnover).
We have a unique employee selection process where colleagues choose colleagues. Such approach eliminates possible conflicts and ensures honest and transparent relationship with clients and within the team. Symphony Solutions is a company that strives to be the Best Price/Performance and the easiest to do business with.
Our customer is a world-leading supplier of online and in-venue based sports betting and gaming solutions. It is this level of performance, combined with an inherent culture of innovation that has seen the development of the industry’s first omni-channel gaming solution.
The QA/Software Tester role will be key to the development team. The successful candidate will be working alongside Development Managers, Software Architects, other QA/Software Tester team members and Senior Software Developers under the supervision of the QA Lead in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
The QA/Software Tester will be critical to ensuring that test plans and scripts will be of high quality and maintained through the lifecycle of the project ready for future deployment of customer teams once they begin to implement the new functionality.
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level OR software testing equivalent to a minimum of 2+ years of QA / development experience;
- Some experience of working on projects making use of code coverage tools such as SonarQube, Serenity and Clove;
- Demonstrable experience of working on highly complex, distributed systems;
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels;
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and procedures;
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work;
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall
- Some experience developing test cases for software developed using Akka, Kafka, Scala and Cassandra;
- Some experience in working in an environment using Domain Driven Design, the actor model, event-sourcing and CQRS;
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket) would be useful;
- Experience of QTP, Ready! API or Winrunner would be an advantage;
- Some hands-on engineering experience would be highly advantageous, particularly using Java on UNIX / Linux
- In conjunction with the development teams, own the preparation and execution of test plans for specific products;
- Demonstrate the business condition(s) under test and the expected results, and ensure test cases reflect product requirements;
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through to the first production deployment;
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements;
- Raise and monitor project and system related defects and ensure they are re-tested in a timely manner;
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Project Manager and Development Manager for project scheduling purposes;
- Provide test reports on a regular agreed basis, which detail testing progress, issues and risks;
- Escalate within the project any key quality and testing issues and concerns
- Friendly and highly professional teams;
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Career and professional growth;
- Regular (twice a year) performance reviews;
- Paid English classes;
- Low hierarchy and open communication