Middle Project Coordinator (Scrum Master)
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Global Covid-19 pandemic has put medical systems across the world to test with an urgent need for quick testing with immediate results. On average, available on the market tests are taking 48+ hours. This indicated an obvious need for testing facilities which are accessible, affordable, and allow people to get results in the matter of minutes, not days. The rapid testing method would not only work for the sake of comfort of an individual, but also allows eliminating the risk of asymptomatic Covid-19 carriers spreading further the virus, endangering people around them without even as much as suspecting it.
Speedtestcorona, a chain of testing centers offering rapid screening tests for Covid-19 to individuals as well as companies in the Netherlands and Belgium. The service provides an extremely reliable rapid test that makes it clear within 15 minutes after the test has been carried out whether there is an infection or not.
Speedtestcorona, a chain of testing centers offering rapid screening tests for Covid-19 to individuals as well as companies in the Netherlands and Belgium, partnered with Symphony Solutions to make rapid testing for Covid-19 possible by bringing cross-platform web application on the market in two weeks.
The list of tasks that had to be completed within the client’s tight two-week deadline included building an application integrated with test labs software capable to update available time slots for testing, and an admin portal for test lab employees to enable them uploading the test results, minimizing human mistake factor, while keeping the high level of compliance and data security. The application also had to be highly scalable taking into account the need to serve corporate customers with thousands of employees to be processed.
PROJECT COORDINATOR will assist Delivery Manager in resolving client requests in a timely manner, establishing and improving delivery processes and helping with conflict resolution. As a Scrum master he/she will be fostering higher team efficiency, self-organization, accountability and collaboration, providing motivation and guidance for process improvement.
- Education, degree and credentials required: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent education; degree in Project Management or Business Administration or equivalent education
- Specialized knowledge (Corporate / Functional / Market / Business / Organizational. What specific organizational information should the incumbent have to be effective in their role?):
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Ability to plan, execute and monitor project activities and to follow one of the Project Management methodologies under supervision
- Good understanding of estimation techniques
- Ability to use basic techniques of people management, risk management, communication management, change management, time management and tracking, project reporting
- Ability to create and maintain project artefacts related to change management, quality assurance, project monitoring and control
- Ability to identify problems and provide/suggest possible solutions
- Ability to recognize, identify critical risks and work out a mitigation plan
- Ability to identify and manage stakeholders’ expectations
- Soft skills & abilities: good analytical and troubleshooting skills, attention to details, strong desire to learn, grit and ability to stick to commitments. Solid organizational skills, including multitasking. Strong client-facing and teamwork skills. Good motivation and delegation skills. Good presentation and public speaking skills. Ability to work under supervision.
- Professional certification (if applicable): Scrum Master and/or Agile PM Certification
- Experience needed: 2+ years of experience in Scrum Master or Project Coordinator role; experience in managing small size projects or at least 1 Scrum team
- Communication (assess the nature and frame of required communication, Key Relationships Internal and External to Symphony Solutions): internal (team, management), external (client)
- Work environment (e.g. Business travels – 50% of working time): office/remote
- Working with stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Analyzing risks and opportunities and communicating those to upper management
- Handling any issues that arise, with the help of upper management (if necessary)
- Monitoring project progress using metrics and KPIs
- Conducting meetings, preparing meeting notes and follow-ups
- Communicating to stakeholders all relevant information in order to keep them informed about work in progress, risks and other issues
- Managing relationships within the team, between team and the client, and between other stakeholders
- Ensuring that the client needs are met at every stage of the project
- Ensure SCRUM is well understood and enacted by Teams
- Drive and facilitate SCRUM ceremonies ensuring that they take place, are time boxed and that attendees understand their purpose
- Encourage teams to take responsibility for the commitments they have made, ensure observance of DoD
- Help to identify & resolve team impediments and plan interdependencies
- Contribute to the refinement and constant improvement of the tools and processes to be able to support the growth of the Project
- Support the Team and Product Owner collaboration to elaborate and prioritize the Team Backlog