Middle Product Owner
What is the project and why should you care?
The client creates a product that helps local bookies grow their businesses and greatly improve players’ experience in betting on sports and casinos. The bookie management software organizes and streamlines an agent’s day-to-day functions, covering over 80 sports leagues to suit any player’s tastes, with in-game and props betting. We now have premium and 3D digital casino games, along with 2 live dealers to keep players entertained at any time, day or night.
Join the team as a Product Owner, responsible for translating the specific needs of the business line into technical requirements and ensuring that the features and functionality built deliver the benefits they were meant to. As the Product Owner, you must always be available to the software development team.
You would be a great fit for this position if you have:
1. Academic Background
- Bachelor’s degree
- Computer Science, Technology or Engineering
2. Work Experience:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as Product Owner in the gaming industry, focusing on operations that offer products and services in America, especially North America. Experience working at Bet365, Kindred Group, 888 Holdings, Playtech, The Stars Group, William Hill, Flutter Entertainment is preferred
- Experience in online betting or gaming is a plus
- Previous experience or background as a software developer is a plus
3. Physical Requirements:
- Low physical exertion: the nature of the position requires sitting, with an occasional transfer outside the company.
- High mental stress: The position requires to receive, gather, interpret, process and analyze data and information from multiple sources, contexts, and levels of certainty to make decisions and derive action plans within a limited time.
4. Skills and Abilities:
- Native English or fully bilingual
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Understands the implications of technology with respect to delivery of value to customers.
- Overall understanding of online technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and internal business departments’ processes.
- Outstanding ability to communicate complex or abstract ideas to all levels.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Attention to detail.
- Active listener.
- Atlassian software (Jira).
- Focused emphatic, open and energetic with a natural tendency to improve others
Here are all the things you’ll get to do on the project:
- Take the leadership of scrum teams as Product Owner.
- Provide vision and direction to the agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project or development cycle (sprint).
- Take on a project or feature idea and create requirements in form of user stories and Jira tickets.
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the agile software development team.
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Work closely with design to ensure the vision is achieved, through usability and user experience.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Participate in product strategy & vision, roadmap and growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Lead the planning of product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Act as the customer liaison, understand the end-user and their pain points.
- Follow up with our competitors and the industry.
- Keep up with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Be a good communicator of the vision, and collaborator to build the path.