Middle Node.js Engineer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
We are looking for talented, passionate people to work with a new American client that is developing a unique product – part entertainment TV, part social engagement, part online gaming – all blended in to one unique experience.
The high-quality production and unique format- which has received 17 utility patents including Europe, China, the United States, Macau, Australia, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea – is destined to become a disrupter and a great developer opportunity.
Our team is responsible for architecture and developing from scratch all components of the game which include clients for table and remote users, backend services, streaming and admin interfaces.
The game experience will be unique on the market and there will challenges that will require passionate, collaborative approaches in order to ensure the product is of the highest quality and that it will delight end users.
You’ll be working in cross-functional, multicultural, and distributed teams which will be using best practices of Agile development.
- OOP and SOLID principles knowledge
- Understanding of asynchronous development and data security principles
- Experience with Git
- Ability to write readable, well-documented code
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or DynamoDB)
- Experience of using Test Frameworks – Unit and Performance Testing
- English level – Intermediate
Will be a plus:
- Working in Agile development environment
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in gambling or online gaming
- Knowledge of Web UI frameworks (React/Angular)
- Experience with serverless and AWS ecosystem
- New features development within existing product
- Communicating with customer
- Resolving technical problems as they rise
- Bug fixing of newly developed features (no refactoring of the old code)
- Writing Unit tests and integration tests
- Scrum ceremonies participation
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Friendly and professional team
- Symphony Training Academy
- Low hierarchy and open communication
- 20 vacation days
- Corporate Doctor
- See BENEFITS Section for the full line-up