Middle Manual QA Engineer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Customer & project description:
During the Covid crisis, there is an urgent need for quick testing with immediate results. The existing situation clearly indicated the arising need for testing facilities that are accessible, affordable, and allow people to get results in a matter of minutes, not days. This rapid testing is not only for the comfort of an individual who wants to get tested and go on with their life, but also allows eliminating the risk of asymptomatic Covid-19 carriers spreading further the virus, endangering people around them without even as much as suspecting it. Spoedtestcorona, a chain of testing centers offering rapid screening tests for Covid-19 to individuals as well as companies in the Netherlands and Belgium. The service provides an extremely reliable rapid Antigen test result within 15 minutes and quick PCR tests.
Spoedtestcorona has created an affordable, widely available, scalable application where users can register, pay and select a timeslot for an appointment to get a Covid-19 test. It is integrated with test labs software capable to update available time slots for testing, and an admin portal for test lab employees to enable uploading the test results, minimizing human mistake factors, while keeping the high level of compliance and data security. Other integrations include the all-Netherlands registration portal, CoronaCheck app for generating a digital test certificate, and a few more are coming.
Software solution consists of several platforms for the different target audiences (testing for travel, testing for access to events, testing for schools, etc.) with a registration portal, admin portal, and a test scanning app.
Also, we develop a new product for online testing.
Project & Success Metrics:
- 5 platforms with different features for COVID testing of different target audience (government, schools, public, access to events).
- 1500+ test lab employees working simultaneously.
- 20 locations in the Netherlands and 3 mobile testing labs doing fast COVID antigen tests.
- 2 locations for PCR tests in 2 Belgian airports
- Integration with the Netherlands governmental portals.
Location – Ukraine
- 2+ years of experience
- Thorough understanding of web development concepts and QA methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD release management, ideally Jenkins
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Extensive experience with software quality assurance tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Comfortable and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Will be a plus:
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud
- Ability to write Test scripts (not just run them) against a REST interface, ideally using Postman
- Automation experience (Python)
- Works in a Continuous Integration /Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment where releases are done multiple times per week
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk