Middle Java Developer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Customer & project description:
This project is a successful lottery and sports betting operator, with a strong presence in more than 16 countries in Africa under 5 different brands with 4 languages. The plan is to extend countries to 21. The company is globally recognized as a start-up specialist for gaming operations in emerging markets. The company is fast growing, has doubled in size over the last 3 years, and has plans for further expansion in Malta. The business has an active online customer base of more than 170k customers with as many as 40k+ new first-time customers per month. The number of Sports bets exceeds 7 million per month.
Main technologies FE – React.js, Angular for CMS. BE – Java
Team composition: SDM, Architect, PO, DevOps, and two scrum teams, Support Engineers – after MVP goes live.
- 3+ years of experience working as Java developer
- 3+ years of experience working in software development companies
- Solid knowledge of Java 11+ and Web development (HTTP protocol, REST/OpenAPI)
- Excellent knowledge of Spring-boot 2.x
- Understanding and practical experience of applying Scrum/Agile principles in software development teams
- Experience with NoSQL DBs (MongoDB, Cloud-based NoSQL services), optimization technics and scaling
- Experience with SQL DBs (Postgress, Cloud-based SQL DBs)
- Design patterns and technics
- Microservices architecture
- Cloud architecture (GCP or AWS)
- Rest, Websockets
- Understanding main principles of SPA development and integration with APIs
- Upper Intermediate/Advanced English
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge in Gambling Domain would be a great plus
As a Middle Java developer, you will be taking part in the Architecture creation, delivering the highest possible quality software, participate in business requirements analysis, and supporting less experienced team members.