Middle Java Developer
What is the project and why should you care?
This project is a successful lottery and sports betting operator, with a strong presence in more than 16 countries in Africa under 5 different brands with 4 languages. The plan is to extend countries to 21. The company is globally recognized as a start-up specialist for gaming operations in emerging markets. The company is fast growing, has doubled in size over the last 3 years, and has plans for further expansion in Malta. The business has an active online customer base of more than 170k customers with as many as 40k+ new first-time customers per month. The number of Sports bets exceeds 7 million per month.
Main technologies FE – React.js, Angular for CMS. BE – Java
Team composition: SDM, Architect, PO, DevOps, and two scrum teams, Support Engineers – after MVP goes live.
You would be a great fit for this position if you have:
- 3+ years of experience working as Java developer
- 3+ years of experience working in software development companies
- Solid knowledge of Java 11+ and Web development (HTTP protocol, REST/OpenAPI)
- Excellent knowledge of Spring-boot 2.x
- Understanding and practical experience of applying Scrum/Agile principles in software development teams
- Experience with NoSQL DBs (MongoDB, Cloud-based NoSQL services), optimization technics and scaling
- Experience with SQL DBs (Postgress, Cloud-based SQL DBs)
- Design patterns and technics
- Microservices architecture
- Cloud architecture (GCP or AWS)
- Rest, Websockets
- Understanding main principles of SPA development and integration with APIs
- Upper Intermediate/Advanced English
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge in Gambling Domain would be a great plus
Here are all the things you’ll get to do on the project:
As a Middle Java developer, you will be taking part in the Architecture creation, delivering the highest possible quality software, participate in business requirements analysis, and supporting less experienced team members.