Middle Database QA Engineer
What is the project and why should you care?
A group of sportsbook industry professionals got together in 1997 to create a product that could help local bookies. We created PayPerHead to take bookies to the next level of managing their books. We designed the first version of our bookie management software to highly organize and streamline an agent’s day-to-day functions.
Since that time, we’ve continued to introduce new features that help bookies grow their businesses and make more money. At the same time, we’ve greatly improved their player’s experiences in betting on sports and casinos.
We cover over 80 sports leagues to suit any player’s tastes, with in-game and props betting. We now have premium and 3D digital casino games, along with 2 live dealers to keep your players entertained at any time, day or night. You can keep making money even while you sleep.
PayPerHead has consistently led the way in creating fantastic software to help bookies improve and grow their businesses for over 20 years.
You will be an excellent fit for this position if you have:
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related career.
- 3+ years of software quality activities in work teams under Scrum or Kanban methodologies developing projects of at least six months
- 3+ years of relevant QA experience in database testing
- 3+ Experience with testing tools management (Jira, Test Rail, or similar)
- Hands-on expertise in database testing: Structural, Functional, and Non-functional
- ISTQB Certification
Will be a Plus:
- PMP and/ or Scrum Master Certification (or Knowledge Scrum / Kanban Methodology)
- Additional experience as a full-stack web application developer (based on .NET and MS SQL Server)
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in Spanish or minimum English at a Green (470 – 725) TOEIC Listening & Reading Test level
- Strong Database/Backend testing with the ability to write complex SQL Queries for data validation and integrity
- Working knowledge of stored procedures, views, triggers, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL (schema, transactions, various types of joins, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of sub-queries, and grouping functions
- Knowledge of API testing tools like Postman or similar
- Advanced experience in Bitbucket or Git (Branches – Forks – PR Management)
- Software development and testing lifecycle knowledge
Availability to work within the Costa Rican time zone
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Design and define, along with the Software Development Manager and the Tech Leads, the technologies, frameworks, and standards-aligned with best practices and methodologies of Quality Assurance and QA Automation
- Identify potential quality issues related to changes in Database schemas, stored procedures, etc., and report issues in a timely manner to ensure the software’s stability and functionality
- Verify the correctness, performance, and security of the database system, including validating data accuracy, testing data manipulation operations, assessing data integrity constraints, scalability, and consistency, and evaluating database performance under various scenarios
- Ensure the technical excellence of the team communicating, implementing, facilitating, and expanding the specialized domain of the group, the technologies, programming languages, frameworks, techniques, best practices, and standards defined by the organization
- Training team members in new tools or frameworks to increase the quality of deliverables
- Build test automation frameworks from scratch and support development and testing teams within SDLC/STLC processes
- Perform controls over project quality, general functional testing, integration testing, and release to the production environment