Mid/Senior Cloud Engineer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
- Qualification, Certification, and Experiences (education, certificates, special IT skills, languages, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge in:
- Runtime: JVM and Java applications stack
- OS: Linux, Linux kernel, and variable releases: RHL, CentOS, Alpine, etc.
- Networking: TCP/IP, CoreDNS, Calico, CNI, etc.
- CI/CD: GitHub, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, GitLab
- Containerization: CNCF foundation. OCI, Docker, Kubernetes
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible
- Cloud: AWS EKS, AWS Storage
- DB: Experience in Oracle to AWS RDS remapping and migrations
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, ELK
- Build, design, deploy and maintain the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple application projects in Agile DevOps mode
- Select, configure, develop, support, and scale the tools and technologies used to build highly scalable and manageable containerized cloud environments
- Actively participate in the software design process to ensure cloud-first, containerization, high availability, and maintainability are a part of the design
- Participate in technology evaluation and reengineering teams to support strategy-definition and continuous process improvement activities. Play active role in DevOps Lab
- Provide technical guidance and expertise on containerization and orchestration strategies using technologies like OCI, Docker, and Kubernetes (CNCF, EKS, AKS).
- Provide technical guidance, expertise, and migration service on database and data storage technologies like Elasticsearch, Oracle, AWS RDS, Azure SQL
- Responsibility for investigating and resolving operational problems and incidents in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Monitor systems and their logs and identify/resolve problems and incidents proactively
- Assess the urgency of issues and facilitate follow-up and resolution accordingly including service quality initiatives to support a product availability
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Friendly and professional team;
- Symphony Training Academy;
- Low hierarchy and open communication;
- 20 vacation days;
- Corporate Doctor;
- See BENEFITS Section for the full line-up.