Symphony Solutions, a digital transformation company headquartered in the Netherlands, was reco...07 September 2018
Symphony – Why So Special?
Symphony Solutions is an international Dutch IT company with offices in Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. We have been on the market for more than 10 years already and preserve unique culture within all our locations.
At Symphony Solutions we have removed all possible barriers created by the traditional organization and embraced the organic principles and a high-degree of self-management. We believe that this kind of organization is the optimal environment to attract and retain the best talents, fully develop them and leverage their potential. As a result, we have achieved the highest retention of employees possible in our industry (currently there’s less than 3% unwanted turnover).
We have a unique employee selection process where colleagues choose colleagues. Such approach eliminates possible conflicts and ensures honest and transparent relationship with clients and within the team. Symphony Solutions is a company that strives to be the Best Price/Performance and the easiest to do business with.
Our customer is a world-leading supplier of online and in-venue based sports betting and gaming solutions. It is this level of performance, combined with an inherent culture of innovation that has seen the development of the industry’s first omni-channel gaming solution.
- Ideally 6+ years experience in a hands-on QA and testing role, plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience managing teams of highly technical QA and test staff;
- Good managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult and complex project QA and test activities both internally and externally;
- Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing comprehensive test strategies for complex IT projects working in Agile environments, with a heavy emphasis on automated testing through to production deployment, also with focus on non-functional requirements, notably performance and scalability;
- Ability to work as part of a senior management group leading the program;
- Experience in contributing to and influencing company strategic planning or responsibility for departmental strategy;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- Dealing with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality;
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Intermediate level OR software testing equivalent to a minimum of 5+ years of QA experience;
- A minimum of 3 years experience with TDD and / or BDD, with hands-on experience of Gherkin and Cucumber;
- Extensive hands-on experience of testing using automated test tools such as Selenium, QTP, Ready! API or Winrunner
- Some experience developing test strategies for software developed using Akka, Kafka, Scala and Cassandra;
- Some experience in working in an environment using Domain Driven;
- Design, the actor model, event-sourcing and CQRS;
- Some experience working on projects makinge extensive use of code coverage tools such as SonarQube, Serenity and Clover;
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket);
- Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major eCommerce or any significant widely distributed system is
- Line management and mentoring of a small to medium QA team, with QA team members embedded in the various development “stream” teams;
- Assisting in Recruitment of QA team members;
- Identification and support of the training needs of the team;
- Motivating and driving the team with technical leadership and vision;
- Work with Engineering and Operational Excellence management to drive through best practice, techniques and technology both on the team and around the company, notably around CI/CD and test tooling;
- Work with Project Management to qualify QA resource demand based on business cases and product definitions and to provide milestones and regular reviews of these to ensure test plans are on track;
- To escalate within the project any key quality and testing issues and concerns;
- To help drive and implement a suitable and scalable automation testing framework for use within the project and beyond;
- Where required, to assist in the preparation of test plans and test scripts for deliverables;
- Engagement on the production of SLAs for deliverables;
- Supporting the definition, development and execution of a transitional path from the customer platform to the services
- Friendly and highly professional teams;
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Career and professional growth;
- Regular (twice a year) performance reviews;
- Paid English classes;
- Low hierarchy and open communication