Lead QA Engineer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
A group of us sportsbook industry professionals got together in 1997 to create a product that could help local bookies. We created software to the next level of managing their books. We designed the first version of our bookie management software to highly organize and streamline an agent’s day-to-day functions.
Since that time, we’ve continued to introduce new features that help bookies grow their businesses and make more money. At the same time, we’ve greatly improved their players’ experiences in betting on sports and casinos.
We cover over 80 sports leagues to suit any player’s tastes, with in-game and props betting. We now have premium and 3D digital casino games, along with 2 live dealers to keep your players entertained at any time, day or night. You can keep making money even while you sleep.
1. Academic Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related career.
- Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering
- PMP and/or Scrum Master Certification
- Certifications related to Quality Assurance
2. Work Experience:
- 5+ Years in software quality activities in work teams under Scrum or Kanban methodology developing projects of at least six months duration
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience leading developer teams
- Additional experience as a full-stack developer of web applications (based on .NET and SQL Server)
3. Physical Requirements:
- Low physical exertion: the nature of the position requires sitting, with an occasional transfer outside the company.
- Average mental effort: ability to perform analysis, documentation, and personnel management.
4. Skills and Abilities:
- English: Minimum Green (470 – 725) TOEIC Listening & Reading Test
- Proven mastery of Scrum – Kanban methodology
- Advanced experience in the creation, execution, and assignment of test cases.
- Advanced experience in Manual Testing.
- Advanced experience in Testing techniques.
- Knowledge in the software life cycle.
- Advanced experience in Agile methodologies.
- Methodological and Detail-oriented.
- Experience handling personnel.
- Advanced knowledge in process planning.
- Knowledge of database.
- Strong orientation to the achievement of objectives.
- Analysis and interpretation of requirements.
- Ability to train and share knowledge with employees.
- Ability in oral and written communication to maintain a good work environment.
- Mastery of Bitbucket (Branches – Forks – PR Management), Jira, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing and Selenium
- Strong Orientation in QA Automation
As a Lead QA Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the Quality Assurance Engineers team and managing the technical aspects of the software development quality process flow to ensure that the delivery of software solutions is carried out smoothly and with the highest quality. His main role is focused on being a technical expert and facilitator of his team with the aim of removing obstacles, solving technical problems, and developing the competencies of the team in his charge.
- Lead and follow up on the daily activities of the QA team.
- Perform controls on the quality of the project, general performance tests, integration tests and its commissioning in the production environment.
- Anticipate and identify the risks of the Project and establish together with the Project Manager (PM) and the Technical Leaders the plans to mitigate them.
- He is responsible for material tools and equipment assigned to both himself and the collaborators under his authority.
- Responsibility for the handling of confidential and strategic data and information of technical and business specific level that is not known by other positions in the company, except management of other departments.
- It requires external contacts (suppliers, contractors), with the Software Development Management, and with collaborators from another unit (departments throughout the organization) and the same level.