Lead Architect (Node.JS Angular/React.JS)
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Global Covid-19 pandemic has put medical systems across the world to test with an urgent need for quick testing with immediate results. On average, available on the market tests are taking 48+ hours. This indicated an obvious need for testing facilities which are accessible, affordable, and allow people to get results in the matter of minutes, not days. The rapid testing method would not only work for the sake of comfort of an individual, but also allows eliminating the risk of asymptomatic Covid-19 carriers spreading further the virus, endangering people around them without even as much as suspecting it.
Speedtestcorona, a chain of testing centers offering rapid screening tests for Covid-19 to individuals as well as companies in the Netherlands and Belgium. The service provides an extremely reliable rapid test that makes it clear within 15 minutes after the test has been carried out whether there is an infection or not.
Speedtestcorona, a chain of testing centers offering rapid screening tests for Covid-19 to individuals as well as companies in the Netherlands and Belgium, partnered with Symphony Solutions to make rapid testing for Covid-19 possible by bringing cross-platform web application on the market in two weeks.
The list of tasks that had to be completed within the client’s tight two-week deadline included building an application integrated with test labs software capable to update available time slots for testing, and an admin portal for test lab employees to enable them uploading the test results, minimizing human mistake factor, while keeping the high level of compliance and data security. The application also had to be highly scalable taking into account the need to serve corporate customers with thousands of employees to be processed.
Software Architect transforms business problem into architecture – technical design of a solution – and is the key to creating a seamless software experience for customers. They Find the best among all possible tech solutions for business problems, design software solutions from the ground up, making high-level decisions about each stage of the process, and leading a team of engineers to create the final product.
Lead level Architect has adopted futuristic mindset and tries to predict how the application/system may look like after several rounds of changes and what impact on architecture that might have. They know how to select optimal and flexible solutions, and know how to resolve conflict of interest between business and technical stakeholders. They can efficiently communicate with development leads to ensure their architectural designs are consistent, and further implementation is correct.
- Education, degree and credentials required: Master degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent education
- Specialized knowledge (Corporate / Functional / Market / Business / Organizational. What specific organisational information should the incumbent have to be effective in their role?):
- Tech stacks: Node.JS, Angular/React.JS
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles and patterns
- Ability to conduct independent research and quickly pick up proper technologies with the help of cost-benefit analysis
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms
- Strong understanding of another end of development (back or front) or experience with Full-Stack Development
- Design and modelling skills
- Experience with developing small architecture solutions
- Understanding of enterprise-scale solutions
- Proven record of work with non-functional requirements
- Soft skills & abilities: Strong decision making, presentation and communication skills, leadership skills; highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details; ability and willingness to be a self-learner
- Professional certification (if applicable): N/A
- Experience needed: 1-2 years of experience working as an Architect; strong experience with at least 2 business domains and at least 2 platforms (Web / mobile / cloud etc.)
- Communication (assess the nature and frame of required communication, Key Relationships Internal and External to Symphony Solutions): internal (team, management, company-wide), external (client)
- Work environment (e.g. Business travels – 50% of working time): office/remote; business trips on demand
- researching technological and domain trends
- communicating with the key stakeholders to elicit functional and non-functional requirements and converting those into architecture specifications
- preparing SRD documents, diagrams, security guidelines, data migration designs
- overseeing development routines from architecture perspective
- assisting with PoC and prototype development
- providing customer consulting, participating in discovery phases
- preparing proposals and RFP responses
- decomposing scope and providing estimations, defining dependencies and assumptions
- participating in projects on-boarding, transfer knowledge to the development team