Lead AQA Engineer
What is the project and why should you care?
A group of us sportsbook industry professionals got together in 1997 to create a product that could help local bookies. We created PayPerHead to take bookies to the next level of managing their books. We designed the first version of our bookie management software to organize and streamline an agent’s day-to-day functions highly.
Since that time, we’ve continued to introduce new features that help bookies grow their businesses and make more money. At the same time, we’ve greatly improved their players’ experiences in betting on sports and casinos.
We cover over 80 sports leagues to suit any player’s tastes, with in-game and props betting. We now have premium and 3D digital casino games, along with 2 live dealers to keep your players entertained at any time, day or night. You can keep making money even while you sleep.
PayPerHead has consistently led the way in creating fantastic software to help bookies improve and grow their businesses – for over 20 years.
DETAILED POSITION DESCRIPTION
- Ensure your own technical excellence and that of the team by sharing the techniques, best practices, and standards defined by the organization.
- Provide the Quality Assurance Leader with accurate and detailed data and information for the preparation of daily or weekly reports.
- Collaborates and communicates efficiently and effectively with other business areas throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Collaboration with other development partners for problem-solving.
- Work closely with both your Technical Leader and other members of the development team to ensure that objectives are met.
- Implement and propose technological solutions to the assigned projects seeking to maintain cutting-edge technology and maintaining good quality assurance practices.
- Understand the assigned requirements and plan your times appropriately.
- Clearly document each part of the quality assurance, the processes, and the procedures worked.
- Promote high morale and the team’s collaboration spirit, especially in times of high pressure and demand for work.
- Keep up with industry trends and technological developments.
- Ability to manage their time and support their colleagues in daily work planning tasks.
- Perform other functions related to your work area, which have not been described above, because of unforeseen situations or modifications based on the needs of the company, so an attitude of openness to change is expected.
- It is responsible for analyzing, creating, implementing, and interpreting the test cases for the tasks assigned.
- You should report and verify defects with the right tools.
You would be an excellent fit for this position if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related career.
- Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, and Software Engineering
- PMP and/or Scrum Master Certification
- Certifications related to Quality Assurance
- 5+ Years in software quality activities in work teams under Scrum or Kanban methodology developing projects of at least six months duration.
- 3+ years in an AQA role Senior position on 2+ projects in the iGaming domain.
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience leading developer teams.
- Additional experience as a full-stack developer of web applications (based on .NET and SQL Server).
- The nature of the position requires sitting, with occasional transfers outside the company.
- Ability to perform analysis, documentation, and personnel management.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong orientation in QA Automation, building reliable and maintainable test automation frameworks on UI, E2E, integration, or component levels from the scratch.
- English: Minimum Green (470 – 725) TOEIC Listening & Reading Test
- Advanced experience in the creation of test documentation, i.e., Test Strategy, Test Plan, and Test Automation Strategy. Experience in promoting a proactive Quality Assurance approach throughout the whole organization.
- Advanced experience in the creation, execution, and assignment of test cases.
- Advanced experience in Manual Testing.
- Advanced experience in Testing techniques.
- Knowledge of the software life cycle.
- Advanced experience in Agile methodologies.
- Proven mastery of Scrum–Kanban methodology.
- Methodological and Detail-oriented.
- Experience handling personnel.
- Advanced knowledge in process planning.
- Knowledge of database.
- Advanced experience in testing during the database’s stored procedures migration to microservices architecture.
- Strong orientation to the achievement of objectives.
- Analysis and interpretation of requirements.
- Ability to train and share knowledge with employees.
- Ability to conduct interviews for AQA roles and onboard new employees.
- Ability in oral and written communication to maintain a good work environment.
- Mastery of Bitbucket (Branches – Forks – PR Management), Jira, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, and Selenium
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on:
He is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance Engineers team and managing the technical aspects of the software development quality process flow to ensure that the delivery of software solutions is carried out smoothly and with the highest quality. His main role is focused on being a technical expert and facilitator of his team with the aim of removing obstacles, solving technical problems, and developing the competencies of the team in his charge.
- Lead and follow up on the daily activities of the QA team.
- Perform controls on the quality of the project, general performance tests, integration tests, and its commissioning in the production environment.
- Anticipate and identify the risks of the Project and establish together with the Project Manager (PM) and the Technical Leaders the plans to mitigate them.
- He is responsible for material tools and equipment assigned to both himself and the collaborators under his authority.
- Responsibility for the handling of confidential and strategic data and information of technical and business-specific level that is not known by other positions in the company, except the management of other departments.
It requires external contacts (suppliers, contractors), Software Development Management, and collaborators from another unit (departments throughout the organization) and the same level.