Junior, Middle DevOps Engineer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Customer & project description:
Client – a division within Rabo Bank, dealing with fraud prevention services for other banks in Netherlands, UK, expanding to France, Italy, Germany
They are a startup within the bank, 80 people in total
As a DevOps Engineer you are a part of one of our development teams and will take responsibility for taking care of our IT infrastructure. Because of your excellent work, we have a continuously stable platform and our customers do not experience any downtime in our services. You will be the link between our Developers who take care of our product, and the operations within our company. You ensure that our products are easy to use for our customers. You work in an Agile environment and are responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure on which our products run. Because of your work, the collaboration with our customers runs smoothly from a system technical point of view and our customers have a pleasant customer experience. On the one hand, you keep the platform running and on the other hand you will spend time on tolling for the release process of new functionalities and applications. You will work in sprints of two weeks and ensure continuous availability of our core product, the IBAN-Name Check, but also our new services like the Switch Check and Pay-ID. You work with AWS (Amazon). The team consists of various specialties such as the Product Owner, QA and Java Developers, so that our high quality in terms of algorithm, performance (3 billion checks with an average response time of 75ms) and availability (> 99.99%) is maintained.
- EC2, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, S3, Cloud Formation
- You have a Bachelor or Master working level
- You have at least 3 years experience as a DevOps Engineer
- You are familiar with an Agile way of working and are a team player
- You are familiar with data, APIs and cloud technology
- You have the following characteristics: proactive, inventive, inquisitive and positively critical
- A Technical background/study is an advantage, think of completed studies in Business Administration Informatics or Information Science
- You are available full time (40 hours per week)
- Your English language skills are very good, both written and spoken
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud provider
- Experience with infra as code
- JAVA and Python is an advantage
- Screening is a part of the application procedure
A characteristic of a fast-growing startup is that roles are often versatile, as is the role of DevOps Engineer.
Your most important tasks are:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the IT infrastructure
- Testing and implementing tooling for new functionalities and applications
- Taking care of maintenance releases
- contributing to the innovations and development of smart IT solutions and processes
- You will act as a troubleshooter in the event of problems with our infrastructure
- You ensure the stability and availability of our products