Junior Java Software Engineer
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retail. Datalex provides airlines with unique products to drive revenue and profit as digital retailers. Today the Datalex Digital Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Datalex’s customers include Aer Lingus, Air Changan, Air China, Air Transat, Copa Airlines, Edelweiss, Emerald Airlines, Guangxi Beibu, Gulf Airlines, JetBlue Airways, KLM, SAS, Tianjin Airlines, Trailfinders, Turkish Airlines, Urumqi Air, Virgin Australia and West Air. Group is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, the USA and China. Datalex plc is a publicly listed company on Euronext Growth.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be working with one of our full-stack engineering teams. Transforming our platform to be software as a service, developing the next-gen SAAS marketplace for airlines. Adding capabilities to our existing suite for customers like Virgin, SAS, Jet Blue, and Aer Lingus to name but a few.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Java development, Web Services and object orientated principles. Highly proficient knowledge of Java
- Understanding of software development practices and have worked in multi-disciplined teams before
- Solid experience in the development of highly available and scalable applications
- Airline sector experience
- Ability to learn independently
- Required willingness to work NY time zone
- Degree in Computing or Science
- Understanding of Agile principles whilst working with Scrum Teams
- Practical experience with databases such as Oracle, Document DB and Mongo DB
- Jenkins with a strong focus on pipelines and dev ops (SALT)
- Atlassian suite of products bitbucket/Jira/Confluence