Junior BI Engineer
What is the project and why should you care?
This project is a successful lottery and sports betting operator, with a strong presence in more than 16 countries in Africa under 5 different brands with 4 languages. The plan is to extend countries to 21. The company is globally recognized as a start-up specialist for gaming operations in emerging markets. The company is fast-growing, has doubled in size over the last 3 years, and has plans for further expansion in Malta. The business has an active online customer base of more than 170k customers with as many as 40k+ new first-time customers per month. The number of Sports bets exceeds 7 million per month.
Main technologies: GCP cloud-native services: DataFlow, CloudStorage, BigQuery, DataStudio.
Team composition: SDM, Architect, PO, DevOps, and two scrum teams, Support Engineers – after MVP goes live
You would be a great fit for this position if you have:
- Cloud, Python, Data Analysis, Databases, Big Data, GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience as a BI or Data Engineer
- Knowledge of GCP services: DataFlow, BigQuery, DataStudio
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools
- Python scripting
- Great collaboration and communication skill
- English – C1
Here are all the things you’ll get to do on the project:
- Design a data flow from various 3rd party data sources to a data lake for further analysis.
- Create dashboards for data insights and custom online reports for business stakeholders.
- Along with DevOps Team maintain onboarding of new data sources, implementing data consistency checks and cost optimization during data processing.
- Maintain a knowledge base about the data availability in the system.