Test Automation Engineer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Our customer iHeartMedia, an American mass media corporation. We engaged in building an advertisement platform that provides a unified suite of sales applications that integrates numerous internal and third-party tools across the sales lifecycle.
The technology used in the Ad+ platform includes SpringBoot Java microservices that communicate using Restful APIs and Kafka streams, with Cassandra for persistence. The services are deployed as Docker containers on Kubernetes. The UI uses Angular with TypeScript, following style guidelines, and UX designs provided by the customer.
Our team consists of developers, test engineers, DevOps, and business analysts. We work closely with internal customer teams as well as teams from other vendors. The expectation for code quality is high, and the ability to collaborate is critical.
The specific requirements for the project are delivered “just in time,” as the IT teams are gradually building an understanding of the business processes. One of the critical business challenges is that proposals and orders are exchanged by business users informally via email, in multiple formats. We will be limited in how much we can change existing business processes, so we must design solutions that work with the status quo.
Most of the work for Test Engineers is API automation and integration tests n the API using Cucumber. Some UI automation is needed as well, but that is secondary to API testing.
• Develop automated tests for the back-end as necessary;
• Log and evaluate results and document deviations from the expected results;
• Participate in Continuous Integration configuration process;
Tools used in the project:
• Java8, Jupiter/Junit, Cucumber, Mockito
• 2+ years of software testing and automation;
• Good knowledge of Java;
• Understanding of OOP;
• Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment system (Jenkins, SonarQube, Jupiter/Junit, Cucumber);
• Hands-on experience in API and integration testing;
• Experience working in an Agile environment;
• Upper-Intermediate level of English.
Will be a plus:
• Hands-on experience with AWS cloud;
• Understanding of automated UI testing
• Hands-on experience with JSON schemas (draft-6 and higher);
You will receive:
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Friendly and professional team;
- Career and professional growth;
- Regular performance reviews;
- Great international work environment;
- Symphony Training Academy;
- Low hierarchy and open communication;
- 20 Vacation Days;
- Corporate Doctor;
- See BENEFITS section for the full line-up.