What began in 2014 with only 4 Symphony Solutions engineers, and an Oxygen platform with a sing...06 February 2019
Symphony – Why So Special?
Symphony Solutions is an international Dutch IT company with offices in Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. We have been on the market for more than 10 years already and preserve unique culture within all our locations.
At Symphony Solutions we have removed all possible barriers created by the traditional organization and embraced the organic principles and a high degree of self-management. We believe that this kind of organization is the optimal environment to attract and retain the best talents, fully develop them and leverage their potential. As a result, we have achieved the highest retention of employees possible in our industry (currently there’s less than 3% unwanted turnover).
We have a unique employee selection process where colleagues choose colleagues. Such an approach eliminates possible conflicts and ensures an honest and transparent relationship with clients and within the team. Symphony Solutions is a company that strives to be the Best Price/Performance and the easiest to do business with.
Our customer is one of Europe’s leading betting and gaming companies with established retail and online brands. The Group serves customers primarily in the UK and Italy, the two largest regulated gambling markets in Europe. In the UK, the Group has over 1,850 betting shops and customers can access all content and products online. The customer has an estimated 21% market share in the UK retail market, making it the largest private operator, and the third largest operator.
The Group has an estimated 7% share of the UK online market, following the launch of new online platforms in 2012 at an investment of over £50 million. The investment shows excellent results, driving a year-on-year growth in net revenue. In Italy, the Group has 870 Eurobet betting shops and can be found online at Eurobet.it. Eurobet has been very successful in obtaining new licenses, having won 25% of all available licenses in the most recent tender 100% of which are bid for. Following changes in legislation, it has also been active in relocating certain licenses to enhance performance, and in rolling out new products (e.g. Virtual Racing) in advance of competitors.
Further improvements in legislation stand to deliver more benefits to Eurobet, e.g. improved clampdown on the illegal gambling market. Eurobet has grown its share of the Italian sports betting market from 7% in late 2012 to over 15% now.
For more details about the client and the project:
- Experience in Quality Assurance area (4+ years);
- Strong IT background and solid knowledge of Python;
- Concurrency patterns (multithreading, multiprocessing, asyncio);
- Version control systems (Git);
- Strong practical skills working with Unix-like OSs;
- Data structure formats (json, yaml, xml, html);
- University degree in IT, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Computer Science, etc. (top of class during studies);
- Punctuality, eagerness to learn, analytical mind and ability to cope with time pressure;
- Deep understanding internet protocol stack (http, websocket, socket.io), proxy servers (http, socks5);
- Experience working with docker virtualization;
- Good English and good communication skills.
- Continuous integration/delivery processes and tools (Jenkins, GoCD, etc.); Understanding of Java code;
- Experience working in cloud infrastructure (AWS would be a plus);
- Backend development experience (preferable: aiohttp including websockets);
- Understanding system architecture patterns (preferably Microservice).
- Develop performance automation tests in parallel with product development in Agile development environment;
- Conduct load and performance testing in conjunction with sprint development teams;
- Enhance and support current performance testing and mocking tool set;
- Build integration libraries for 3rd party systems;
- Conduct proof of concept investigations into new tools, methods, and test strategy to improve load and performance testing;
- Work closely with development and operations teams to proactively analyze, identify, and fix performance test issues;
- Participate in code review process, analyzing code of other team members;
- Enhance and expand our current test architecture and framework, driving improvements and innovations in our performance testing process and methodology.
- Friendly and highly professional teams;
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Career and professional growth;
- Regular (twice a year) performance reviews;
- Paid English classes;
- Casual Fridays, corporate events, birthday/wedding presents;
- Comfortable office facilities (kitchen, coffee machines, massage room, different trainings etc.);
- Clubs of interests (travel & bicycle club, symphony cuisine, music band, choir);
- Sport activities (football team, yoga, fitness, stretching classes);
- Low hierarchy and open communication;
- The coolest office in Western Ukraine.