Senior Python Developer
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
We are a company with a difference as we maintain a strong ethical culture and keep company values at the level of interpersonal and client-oriented relationships. Our philosophy is to establish close and strong relations with every client, employee, and candidate to succeed in our main directions (e.g. PHP, Java, C#, C++, SAP, Salesforce/Force.com, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).
Based in the UK, the client helps large companies build cloud solutions for applications and infrastructures that reduce IT costs, streamline operations, and accelerate time to market. As a member of our professional team you will be part of the evolution of our product by contributing to the design, implementation, and operation of a world-class cloud solution. Recent projects include a full end to end product supply solution for retail and healthcare sectors.
Application provides content management, including range management/content filtering, pricing management, hierarchy management, and content editing and translation; and order control, such as order visibility, track and trace, alert system, and full and semi-automated order integration. The company’s system enables retailers to increase the range of products sold online without the risk and cost associated with holding stock. It serves various industries that range from fashion to consumer electronics, books and stationery, computer hardware, power tools, and DIY to survival essentials globally. In the current world of ‘Big Data’ efficiency, the solution has provided a rapid and flexible alternative to traditional unwieldy systems integrations and has become a vital enabler in the business processes of some of the most recognizable brands.
- Development of new features and functionality for products and services, including the production of unit tests as and where required;
- Active participant in reviews for products and services delivered across the wider team;
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team;
- Ensuring that products and services adhere to agreed performance KPIs and are delivered in line with pipeline requirements;
- Ensuring that all products and services have agreed levels of test coverage, in line with requirements and adhering to agreed architectural and technology (including security);
- Ability to input into high-level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes.
- At least 2+ years of experience developing commercial Enterprise Python applications using Python / Django, using UNIX / Linux;
- 5+ years developer experience
- Ideally 1+ years of demonstrable experience in designing distributed, high-volume, highly available, complex transactional
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and / or BDD;
- Good Knowledge of Relational Databases, preferably PostgreSQL;
- At least some experience with celery;
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket);
- Ability to document technical solutions in a variety of formats and to constructively share knowledge with less experienced team members;
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups;
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small sub team or deputizing in a management role;
- Demonstrably being able to deal with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internal;
- Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy
- Experience in another popular web framework (JSF, Drupal, GWT, Spring MVC etc.);
- Experience with working in Scrum methodology.
You will receive:
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Friendly and professional team;
- Career and professional growth;
- Regular performance reviews;
- Great international work environment;
- Symphony Training Academy;
- Low hierarchy and open communication;
- 20 Vacation Days;
- Corporate Doctor;
- See BENEFITS section for the full line-up.