We are pleased to announce that Symphony Solutions, was chosen among the 20 Most Promising Qual...29 June 2016
Symphony – Why So Special?
Symphony Solutions is a cloud transformation company headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in the Netherlands, US, Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. Symphony Solutions recently celebrated 10 years of continuous service, and we attract many people with our open, welcoming culture and Dutch-inspired environment.
At Symphony Solutions we believe that this kind of organization culture is the optimal environment to attract and retain the best talents, fully develop them and leverage their potential. We have a unique employee selection process where colleagues choose colleagues. Such approach eliminates possible conflicts and ensures honest and transparent relationship with clients and within the team. Symphony Solutions is a company that strives to be the Best Price/Performance and the easiest to do business with.
Based in the UK, the client helps large companies build cloud solutions for applications and infrastructures that reduce IT costs, streamline operations and accelerate time to market. As a member of our professional team you will be part of the evolution of our product by contributing to the design, implementation and operation of a world-class cloud solution. Recent projects include a full end to end product supply solution for retail and healthcare sectors.
Application provides content management, including range management/content filtering, pricing management, hierarchy management, and content editing and translation; and order control, such as order visibility, track and trace, alert system, and full and semi-automated order integration. The company’s system enables retailers to increase the range of products sold online without the risk and cost associated with holding stock. It serves various industries that range from fashion to consumer electronics, books and stationery, computer hardware, power tools, and DIY to survival essentials globally. In the current world of ‘Big Data’ efficiency, the solution has provided a rapid and flexible alternative to traditional unwieldy systems integrations and has become a vital enabler in the business processes of some of the most recognizable brands.
- At least 2+ years of experience developing commercial Enterprise Python applications using Python / Django, using UNIX / Linux; 5+ years developer experience;
- Ideally 1+ years of demonstrable experience in designing distributed, high-volume, highly available, complex transactional;
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and / or BDD;
- Good Knowledge of Relational Databases, preferably PostgreSQL;
- At least some experience with celery;
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket);
- Ability to document technical solutions in a variety of formats and to constructively share knowledge with less experienced team members;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups;
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small sub team or deputizing in a management role;
- Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy.
Nice to have:
- Experience in another popular web framework (JSF, Drupal, GWT, Spring MVC etc.);
- Experience with working in Scrum methodology;
- Development of new features and functionality for products and services, including the production of unit tests as and where required;
- Active participant in reviews for products and services delivered across the wider team;
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team;
- Ensuring that products and services adhere to agreed performance KPIs and are delivered in line with pipeline requirements;
- Ensuring that all products and services have agreed levels of test coverage, in line with requirements and adhering to agreed architectural and technology (including security);
- Ability to input into high level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes.
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Friendly and professional team;
- Career and professional growth;
- Great international work environment;
- Comfortable office facilities;
- Symphony Training Academy;
- Low hierarchy and open communication.