Symphony Solutions, a digital transformation company headquartered in the Netherlands, was reco...07 September 2018
Symphony – Why So Special?
Symphony Solutions is an international Dutch IT company with offices in Ukraine, Macedonia, and Poland. We have been on the market for more than 10 years already and preserve unique culture within all our locations.
At Symphony Solutions we have removed all possible barriers created by the traditional organization and embraced the organic principles and a high-degree of self-management. We believe that this kind of organization is the optimal environment to attract and retain the best talents, fully develop them and leverage their potential. As a result, we have achieved the highest retention of employees possible in our industry (currently there’s less than 3% unwanted turnover).
We have a unique employee selection process where colleagues choose colleagues. Such approach eliminates possible conflicts and ensures honest and transparent relationship with clients and within the team. Symphony Solutions is a company that strives to be the Best Price/Performance and the easiest to do business with.
About the Customer
Our client is a British gaming and betting company with international market presence. The company has a long-standing tradition in providing betting services across Great Britain. Over the years, they have become the number one British bookmaking business, and have grown internationally as the leader in some of the world’s best markets. They provide customers with a wide variety of betting, gaming and gambling products across many channels and have a strong online presence.
- At least 2+ years of experience developing commercial Enterprise Python applications using Python / Django, using UNIX / Linux;
- Ideally 1+ years of demonstrable experience in designing distributed, high-volume, highly available, complex transactional systems;
- Some hands-on experience in designing applications using the actor model;
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and / or BDD;
- Knowledge of Relational Databases;
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket);
- Ability to document technical solutions in a variety of formats and to constructively share knowledge with less experienced team members;
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups;
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small sub team or deputizing in a management role;
- Demonstrably being able to deal with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internal;
- Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy
- Experience in another popular web framework (JSF, Drupal, GWT, Spring MVC etc.);
- Hands-on experience in developing microservices using at least one popular framework (Netflix OSS, Spring Cloud, Play etc.);
- Some hands-on experience in designing distributed systems using a central ‘broker’ (such as Kafka or potentially an ESB);
- Some experience in Domain Driven Design, the actor model, event-sourcing and CQRS;
- Development of new features and functionality for products and services, including the production of unit tests as and where required;
- Active participant in reviews for products and services delivered across the wider team;
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team;
- Ensuring that products and services adhere to agreed performance KPIs and are delivered in line with pipeline requirements;
- Ensuring that all products and services have agreed levels of test coverage, in line with requirements and adhering to agreed architectural and technology (including security) standards;
- Maintenance of relevant technical sections of the internal Knowledge Base;
- Ability to input into high level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes;
- Friendly and highly professional teams;
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Career and professional growth;
- Regular (twice a year) performance reviews;
- Low hierarchy and open communication.