A Dutch IT outsourcing company with numerous international clients and delivery centers in thre...28 December 2016
Symphony – Why So Special?
At Symphony Solutions we have removed all possible barriers created by the traditional organization and embraced the organic principles and a high-degree of self-management. We believe that this kind of organization is the optimal environment to attract and retain the best talents, fully develop them and leverage their potential.
We have a unique employee selection process where colleagues choose colleagues. Such approach eliminates possible conflicts and ensures honest and transparent relationship with clients and within the team. Symphony Solutions is a company that strives to be the Best Price/Performance and the easiest to do business with.
Symphony Solutions in Skopje is currently looking for a Big Data Engineer for a full-time position, who will become a contributor to the business transformation process of the long-term success and growth of the company.
- Experience building data pipelines in any public cloud (GCP Dataflow, Glue, Azure DataFactory) or any equivalent;
- Experience writing ETL (Any popular tools);
- Experience in data modeling, data design and persistence (e.g. warehousing, data marts, data lakes);
- Strong Knowledge of Big Data architectures and distributed data processing frameworks: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive;
- Experience and working knowledge of various development platforms, frameworks and languages such as Java, Python, Scala and SQL;
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Oozie and Nifi would be great;
- General knowledge of modern data-center and cloud infrastructure including server hardware, networking and storage;
- Strong and written and verbal English communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with BI platforms, reporting tools, data visualization products, ETL engines;
- Experience with data streaming frameworks;
- DevOps experience with a good understanding of continuous delivery and deployment patterns and tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, etc);
- Experience with Hbase;
- Experience in data management best practices, real-time and batch data integration, and data rationalization.
- Working with the Data Architects to implement data pipelines;
- Working with the Big Data Principal Architects in the development both proof of concepts and complete implementations;
- Working on complex and varied Big Data projects including tasks such as collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing very large datasets;
- Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed designs;
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code;
- Performing data processing requirements analysis;
- Performance tuning for batch and real-time data processing;
- Securing components of clients’ Big Data platforms;
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting of operational issues;
- Health-checks and configuration reviews;
- Data pipelines development – ingestion, transformation, cleansing;
- Data flow integration with external systems;
- Integration with data access tools and products;
- Assisting application developers and advising on efficient data access and manipulations;
- Defining and implementing efficient operational processes.
- Competitive salary and compensation package:
- Friendly and professional team;
- Career and professional growth;
- Performance reviews twice a year;
- Great international work environment;
- Comfortable office facilities;
- Symphony Training Academy;
- Low hierarchy and open communication;
- Casual Fridays, corporate events;
- Free English courses.