Initiating change: React upskilling for colleagues
- Life Inside
React is one of the most popular libraries for a variety of projects worldwide. A lot of people consider switching to it or are already working with it. Viktor Dojchinovski, React developer at Symphony Solutions took the initiative and made up a whole 12-week React course to upskill his colleagues during quarantine and help them become experts in this popular technology.
1. How did your path in the IT field begin?
2. What was your first programming job? What was the first project where you used React?
My first full-time programming job came at the beginning of 2015 and comprised mostly projects related with other programming languages like PHP, the Laravel framework, AngularJS. Then somewhere around the start of 2018, I started to learn React, and around the middle of 2019 started to work on production ready projects with React.
3. What do you enjoy most about your work as a programmer?
The real joy in my life really comes from other things, and on the other hand, I love my programming job because it keeps the brain healthy and young. It is scientifically proven that mentally active people keep their brains young even in the late years of their life.
4. You have recently started your own React course inside Symphony Solutions. How exactly did the idea of this course come about and who will benefit from it?
5. What is special about this course?
6. What do you like about teaching?
Teaching is great. When you teach, you are at the same time a student, and also the students are your teachers. Strange, but really true… I think this simple sentence tells enough.
7. Do you teach somewhere else? How do you combine teaching others with your full-time job?
Yes, I am also a teacher at another academy in Skopje for beginners. It is a bit hard to organize the time schedules, and it really requires you to be concentrated and do things quickly and optimally, but all that actually helps you become a better professional and better person in the end.
8. How do you follow professional trends? How do you learn?
Learning is really a never-ending story. I read a lot of technical books, participate in events, summits… Trying to keep up with the community, with reading technical posts, technical portals and so on.
9. What skills and knowledge does one need to start working with React?
10. What are the biggest advantages of React compared to other technologies for you personally?
React has a very big advantage in comparison to other technologies, and that is that it is developed with declarative programming principles in mind. Hopefully, someone who works with React knows the meaning of this.
11. What do you think are React key benefits over Angular?
12. What’s your favorite joke about developers/IT industry? Tell us one.
A beautiful girl says to a programmer, “I will do anything for you…”
13. What are your morning rituals at work?
Well, I don’t have rituals… I don’t drink coffee in the morning, I don’t smoke… Let’s say that drinking water a lot is my daily ritual.
If you’re a front-end developer and you want to pursue a career in React, make sure to check out the recent React vacancies at Symphony Solutions.