On March 31st - April 1st, 2018 volunteers from IT companies will join to help local NGOs by de...28 February 2018
Charity Hackathon KindHack Coming to Skopje
Join the Charity hackathon KindHack, happening on September 22-23, in the office of Symphony Solutions Skopje. KindHack is a 2-day weekend hackathon devoted to helping local nonprofits and charities with their tech challenges.
We are pleased to invite all developers, designers, QAs with an open mind, big hearts and bright ideas to work together and build awesome projects in just 48 hours. If you want to make the world a better place, then this hackathon is for YOU!
Application process for participants:
What do participants need to know before applying?
- We are looking for developers, designers, QAs to join the hackathon
- Each team will consist of 4-6 people
- During the 2-day hackathon, all participants should come up with a prototype or a working software solution
- Participants can apply until September 17, using this form.
We’d also like to remind all NGOs from Skopje and beyond, working on environmental, charity or other social-related issues, to submit their ideas and projects as the submission deadline has been extended until August 24.
Application process for NGOs:
● Any non-governmental, non-profit organization which works on environmental, charity or other social-related issues is eligible to apply
● NGOs should have a vision of the software product they want to develop. The selected NGO will have to prepare a detailed project description
● Projects for the hackathon will be selected until August 20
● NGO’s representative should be present at the hackathon on September 22-23.
● NGOs need to send out a short description about their organization and desired software product using this form.
● Application deadline: August 24
We can’t hold that information any longer, hence why we are rushing to announce that KindHack Charity Hackathon is officially supported by JetBrains. They create tools that are used all over the world by software developers. JetBrains will grant the members of the winning team free annual Personal subscriptions with an IDE of their choice.